Tuesday, January 27, 2009

HOST YOUR OWN GRATITUDE GATHERING


We all have people in our lives that we are grateful for. When is the last time you thanked them for helping you? Thanked them for making a difference in your life? Let today be the day! Plan to host a Gratitude Gathering. What is a Gratitude Gathering? It's simply a party (a celebration) gathering your friends so that you can thank them for being in your life. It doesn't have to be expensive or extravagant, the point is to tell your friends how GRATEFUL your are for their friendship. I hosted my first Gratitude Gathering in 2006. It had been a really difficult time in my life and I was at a crossroads. I could stay focused on all of the horrible things that were going on in my life ( divorce, death of both of my parents, house in foreclosure...) and have a Pity Party, or I could find just one thing that I was grateful for. I decided to focus on what I was grateful for ie my friends and invite them to a party. What started out as a small tea for about 5 of my friends, turned into a brilliant celebration (for 50 women) of friendship, connection and inspiration. While my intention was to say thank you to everyone for all of their love and support during the last few years, what I got from then were the most amazing affirmations of what a role model I had been for them. Sharing the evening with my 3 kids was another gift and something I will always be grateful for. Trust me, this is a really great way to get your gratitude juices flowing and inspire others to do the same. If not now.....when?

3 comments:

  1. This post was highlighted in the January 28 edition of Gratitude Watch.

    Thank you for promoting the value of gratitude.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'd love to see some of your stories on our site, thanks-o-meter.com - it's a great way to share the positives with others.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great idea! Having your original gratitude party at such a tough time shows your ability to overcome adversity. The World needs more people like you.
    http://www.ImaNicePerson.com

    ReplyDelete